Grain marketing workshops will be offered at several sites across Nebraska to help grain producers minimize losses during this time of low prices.
Nebraska Extension educators will present location and commodity-specific marketing information. Topics include developing a written marketing plan, and understanding basis and carrying charges. The workshops feature the Marketing in a New Era simulator and the Grain Marketing Plan smartphone application.
Register by visiting go.unl.edu/marketingworkshops or calling the number provided for the desired location. Each workshop will begin at 9:30 a.m. and end at 3 p.m. Complimentary lunch is provided. Funded by the Nebraska Corn Board, workshops are limited to 40 participants each.
For more information or assistance, contact Jessica Groskopf, Nebraska Extension educator at 308-632-1247 or email [email protected].
Workshop dates and locations
• Jan. 3 in Scottsbluff at the Panhandle Research and Extension Center, 4502 Avenue I, Jessica Groskopf, 308-632-1247
• Jan. 31 in Alliance at the Alliance Public Library, 1750 Sweetwater Ave., John Thomas, 308-762-5616
• Feb. 1 in Sidney at the Cheyenne County Community Center, 645 Toledo St., Karen DeBoer, 308-254-4455
• Feb. 6 in Columbus, Pinnacle Bank, 310 E. 23rd St., Allan Vyhnalek, 402-563-4901
• Feb. 7 near Mead at the Agricultural Research and Development Center, 1071 County Road G, Keith Glewen, 402-624-8000
• Feb. 8 in Albion at the Casey’s Building on the Boone County Fairgrounds, 100 West Fairview, Steve Pritchard, 402-395-2158
• Feb. 9 in Norfolk at the Lifelong Learning Center on the Northeast Community College campus, 801 East Benjamin Ave., Wayne Ohnesorg, 402-370-4044
• Feb. 20 in Nebraska City at the Kimmel Education and Research Center, 5985 G Road, Tyler Williams, 402-441-7180
• Feb. 21 in Beatrice at the Gage County Extension Office, 1115 West Scott St., Paul Hay, 402-223-1384
• Feb. 22 in Tecumseh at the Nemaha Natural Resources District, 62161 US-136, Gary Lesoing, 402-274-4755
Source: UNL Panhandle Research and Extension Center