Todd Stuthman of Columbus is serving as the 2008 president of the Nebraska Pork Producers Association. Stuthman, who replaces Terry O'Neel of Friend, was elected during the recent NPPA Pork Industry Day in Lincoln.
Stuthman and his wife, Patti, have been involved in the pork industry for the last 20 years. Todd's operation started as a farrow-to-finish and, later, he converted the barns to nurseries. Today, operation contract grows approximately 10,000 pigs a year.
Stuthman, along with his father and brother also run a row-crop and have a beef feedyard.
The Stuthmans have two children, Trey, 14, and Blair, 9.
Other officers are Dennis Beethe, Elk Creek, president-elect; and Troy McCain, DeWitt and Dave Harrington, St. Paul, vice presidents.
New directors were selected to the NPPA board: Jan Miller, Belden; Shane Meyer of Exeter; and Russ Vering, Howells. Eric Martin, Milford, and Lyle Meaike, Beemer, were elected alternates.
Bill Luckey, Columbus, and Terry O'Neel, Friend, completed their terms on the board.
NPPA also honored seven individuals during the Nebraska Pork Industry Day. Winners are:
- Outstanding Industry Outreach Leader, Roger Berry of A-FAN (Alliance for the Future of Agriculture in Nebraska).
- Outstanding Producer Outreach Leader, Dennis Beethe of Elk Creek.
- Outstanding Promotions Leader, Nader Farahbod of Billy's Restaurant, Lincoln.
- Outstanding Allied Member, Wiechman Pig Co., Inc., Leo Hanson, Fremont.
- Checkoff Hall of Fame award winner, Joy Philippi, Bruning.
- Non-Checkoff Hall of Fame award winner, Jim Pillen, Columbus.
- 2008 Environmental Stewardship Award Winner, O'Neel Farms, Terry and Diane O'Neel, Friend.