There will be a double dose of alfalfa marketing and production information next month in Nebraska.
That's because of the annual Mid-American Alfalfa Expo will be joined this year by the National Alfalfa Symposium at the same site in Kearney.
The national symposium will be held Feb. 4-5 at the Buffalo County Fairgrounds, followed by the Mid-American Alfalfa Expo on Feb. 5-6. The latter is an annual expo sponsored by the Nebraska Alfalfa Marketing Association.
There are specific agendas for both expos.
For the national event, the agenda includes presentations on:
- What's new in forage equipment.
- Alfalfa's future, including using it as a green biomass alternative.
- Concurrent sessions on managing irrigation and alfalfa as a grazing crop.
- A panel entitled "Roundup Ready Alfalfa Face-Off.
- Forage testing accuracy.
- Fertilizing Alfalfa.
- Insect concerns.
- Alfalfa marketing experience.
The NAMA's Mid-America Alfalfa agenda includes:
- Alfalfa contest.
- New technology and equipment for 2008.
- NAMA annual meeting and election of officers.
- Producer panel and question-and-answer session.
For information, call 1-800-743-1649 or go to www.nebraska-alfalfa.com/alfalfaexpo.