Prospective and transfer students can learn more about the University of Nebraska-Lincoln's College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources during the Experience the Power of Red Open House Nov. 12.
The open house from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Nebraska East Union on UNL's East Campus will allow students to meet with UNL faculty and staff, experience campus and learn about the college's 28 programs of study and two pre-professional programs, says Laura Frey, UNL college relations director.
"Students will be able to explore career opportunities, meet current students and register for a scholarship and other prizes," Frey says. "It is a great opportunity to see what the college is all about and connect with other future students."
The open house begins at 9 a.m. with a browsing session that allows guests to visit department displays to learn more about the college's programs of study. A welcome and overview will start at 10 a.m., followed by academic and parent sessions until 12:45 p.m. The open house wraps up with lunch and a scholarship drawing. Optional tours begin at 2 p.m.
Academic interest areas featured at the Experience the Power of Red Open House include:
- agribusiness/agricultural economics; agricultural education/agricultural journalism/hospitality;
- restaurant and tourism management; agronomy; animal science; applied science; biochemistry;
- food science and technology; food technology for companion animals; forensic science; grazing
- livestock systems; horticulture; insect science; mechanized systems management/agricultural
- engineering/biological systems engineering; natural resources; PGA golf management; plant
biology; turfgrass and landscape management; and veterinary science.
Preregistration for the open house is due Nov. 4. For more information or to register, visit the Web at http://casnr.unl.edu/openhouse, or call 1-800-742-8800, ext. 2541.